Marketplacer is building the world’s best marketplace SaaS platform and we’re looking for a senior DevOps engineer to join our team.
Here’s a few reasons why working for us is awesome:
- Our large, well furnished office is in South Melbourne and is near the excellent cafes of Bay St and only a couple of minutes walk from the 109 tram.
- You’ll be provided with a top-of-the-line laptop of your choice (MacBook, Dell XPS, etc) and any software that you need to do your job.
- We’ll pay for you to go to conferences and camps (we’ve previously been to RailsCamp, DevOpsDays and more)
- Our robust and comprehensive deployment pipeline (using Buildkite, Capistrano) allows us to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Our monthly hack days allow you to work on something new and different.
Read more about working at Marketplacer.
The Marketplacer platform is built on a modern stack of Ruby on Rails 5 and ReactJS. It relies on MySQL as its database, Elasticsearch for search indexing, Redis and Memcached for caching and runs on Ubuntu Linux on multiple distributed AWS services including EC2, RDS, ElastiCache.
A successful candidate will:
- Have good problem solving skills and an excellent understanding of deployment, infrastructure and operations
- Be used to working in a continuous delivery environment with automated build and deployment tools
- Have experience working in AWS and a good background in administering Linux servers
- Have a strong knowledge of software development and programming patterns
- Have experience with infrastructure automation. We use chef and terraform; knowing those is a bonus but not required
- Be comfortable working as part of a team on large projects
- Be willing to learn enough Ruby/React to also work across the entire stack.
Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, MySQL/Postgres, React/ES6+ and Elasticsearch will be also be considered favourably.
The position is full time, permanent and on site in South Melbourne. Our hiring process consists of one on-site interview and one on-site pair programming session.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com